“when I leave protein snacks out for my children, they don’t bug me for sugary treats”
How simple is that? Maybe we just need more ideas from brilliant moms.
1 pound grass fed ground beef
2 tablespoons almond or buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons chopped onion
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 red jalapeno peppers, trimmed
4 red serrano peppers, stemmed
1 clove garlic
dash sea salt
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
water as needed
- Mix together the ground meat, egg, flour, chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Form into about 18 1-inch balls. Place into an oiled crock pot set on low.
- In a small food processor like a Magic Bullet, blend together the peppers, garlic, sea salt and vinegar. This should make a thick sauce but not a paste. If too thick, can add a tiny amount of water so it drizzles.
- Drizzle the sauce over the meat balls.
- Cook the meat balls on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from heat, place toothpicks in each matball, if desired and arrange on a serving dish.
- Whisk the drippings that remain in the crock pot and drizzle this Sriracha sauce over the meatballs. Serve.
Copyright © 2016-17 Marie Sternquist. All Rights Reserved