This is the best portable and traditional snack I’ve ever invented. Smiles 😛
“GORP” is “Good Old Raisins and Peanuts”
That’s great! Except when I walk through the health food isle it’s peanuts, M&Ms, sweetened pineapple, sweetened coconut, sweetened…
Good Old Raisins and Peanuts (GORP) goes one of two ways: Succumbing to M&Ms or other sugary transgressions; or living up to its nourishing name with “Good Old Raisins & Peanuts”. Somewhere, ideas about what was sweet and nourishing became very confused. Enter M&Ms or even chocolate chips (even if organic, etc).
Our roots are fruits and nuts. Bring it on!
Let’s have some nourishment in every snacking bite, this tastes so good and is naturally sweet. Enjoy the simple recipe:
Makes 8 cups
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pecan halves
½ cup chopped Brazil nuts (we love getting enough selenium)
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup raw pistachios
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon spice
1 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
½ cup dried blueberries
1 cup dried gogi berries
½ cup cacao nibs
- Place nuts and seeds in a slow cooker. Put slices of coconut oil (or butter) on top.
- Warm on medium for an hour.
- Drizzle vanilla and then cinnamon and salt over the nuts.
- Slow cook for 2 hours stirring every 30 minutes until the nuts are barely browned.
- Cool then stir in Gogi berries, dried blueberries and cacao nibs
[contact-form-7 id=”1693″ title=”Contact form recipe page”]
Copyright © 2016 Marie Sternquist. All Rights Reserved