Makes 1 cup
The creamy kefir “cheese”:
1 cup coconut milk kefir
nylon mesh strainer
cheese cloth (or unbleached coffee filter)
The onion dip:
juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ bunch of green onions
- Set the cheesecloth or coffee filter into the nylon strainer.
- Pour the coconut milk kefir into the lined strainer, it should not pour through. Place over a bowl and cover with saran wrap, place in the refrigerator for several days to let the whey drain through the filter and the cheese thicken to a cream cheese spread consistency.
- Use the whey to start cultured vegetables or discard.
- Place the thickened “cheese” into a serving bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into your magic bullet or food processer. Add the garlic and the chopped white sections of the onions. Puree.
- Slice fine the green ends of the onions.
- Mix the chopped onions and lemon/garlic/onion puree into the kefir cheese. Serve.
Add some chopped red pepper for color, add chopped jalapeno pepper for fun!
[contact-form-7 id=”1693″ title=”Contact form recipe page”]
Copyright © 2014 Marie Sternquist. All Rights Reserved