Ginger is all about invigoration. Feeling heavy, sluggish or congested? Drink 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily.
A powerful cleansing drink, ginger mobilizes toxins and restores balance to the body. It also helps stimulate digestion, colon function, and can help destagnate the liver. Plus, ginger helps diminish cravings for sweet and salty foods.
Or maybe, like me, you just love the reviving, energizing taste of ginger. Amazingly simple, maximize balance and well-being with a cup of delicious ginger tea.
Yields 4 cups
2-inch chunk of fresh ginger
4 cups of pure filtered or spring water
1. Chop the unpeeled 2-inch piece of whole ginger into coarse pieces.
2. Place in a 2-3 quart stock pot with quart of pure water. Bring to a boil
3. Reduce the heat, allowing the tea to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Pour tea through a strainer to remove the ginger chunks.
5. Serve or store in a thermos bottle or glass jar.
Lemon garnish is amazing. Tastes wonderful served iced. Ginger is very warming, though, so the person who is often “over hot” will not enjoy the iced summer version as much.
[contact-form-7 id=”1693″ title=”Contact form recipe page”]
Copyright © 2014 Marie Sternquist. All Rights Reserved