Fennel aids digestion and tastes amazing. Buy a bulb of fennel with a generous amount of the feathery leaves. Use the leaves to flavor a soup or other dish.
2 fennel bulbs
1 clove of garlic, minced
A few pieces of butter, chopped
½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
¼ cup of grated high quality crumbled raw goat cheese if your diet allows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Trim the discolored bits of the fennel. Remove the fronds and set aside.
3. Cut the fennel into thin slices using a sharp knife.
4. Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a baking dish and add the minced garlic.
5. Put the sliced fennel into the dish and toss everything together.
6. Pour the broth over the fennel. Scatter the bits of butter on top.
7. Bake for about half an hour.
8. Garnish with the fennel fronds.
Everyone loves this dish.